Happy New Year Everyone! I recently took a little vacation to the SC coast and then came home to ring in the new year with my family! While I was away, I received a lovely note from a fellow blogger, Slice of Shanghai. She nominated me for the Liebster Award. I know you like I are asking yourself-the what? Well, below is what Slice of Shanghai wrote about it in her blog.
“So what is this award? For those of you who had no idea what it is, it is an award for those bloggers with 200 followers or less. “Liebster” means favorite or beloved in German, and this award helps to draw attention to blogs that aren’t too well known. In order to accept the award, you have to pass it on to a few fellow bloggers. Multilingual Mama has nominated me as one of her favorite bloggers. If you don’t know her, please check out her site. She is absolutely fantastic! I’m honored she likes my blog and actually thinks I qualify for it. Thanks Condelia!
So here we go with the rules:
■When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself
■Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
■Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
■You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
■You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!”
I will take it over from here. First I have to post 11 random facts about myself. So here goes:
1. I am a Leo.
2. I have had a true friend since I was about one year old and we are still very close (and can’t imagine life without her).
3. I love skiing, floating, and pretty much anything to do with water (frozen or not).
4. I am vegetarian and gluten-free and wold love to be vegan if it were not for giving up honey and cheese.
5. I crave to travel the world.
6. I have only been out of the USA a few times and only to the Caribbean.
7. If you told me 5 years ago that I would be homeschooling, I would have laughed-out loud-loudly.
8. Now, I cannot imagine not-homeschooling.
9. I was born and raised in the same town/city that I reside in now.
10. I plan to retire on a boat.
11. I wish everyone could slow down some so that we could visit with friends and family more often and for more time.
Now for the 11 questions I must answer.
1.Why did you start blogging? I began blogging to keep in touch with my friends. I was very active in my children’s school and with my friends. When I began homeschooling, I lost touch with everyone. The blog let me tell my story. Now, I enjoy blogging and reading other blogs.
2.What is your favorite childhood memory? I have many. 🙂 Looking back, I liked that life was fairly simple. We had a schedule and a rhythm that worked for our family. I can pretty much remember what we did most of my life because of that rhythm.
3.What are the qualities you look for in a friend? Honesty, responsibility, humor, understanding, humility and encouragement.
4.If there was one word you could choose from the dictionary, which word would it be to best describe yourself? Humanitarian
5.What is your favorite city to live in and why? Cornelius- It is the main place I know!
6.What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Take medical mission trips around the world with my family!
7.What do you admire most about yourself? Honesty.
8.What would you like to change about yourself? My grey hair!
9.What is the most-played family game(s) in your collection? “Sorry”
10.Throughout your life, what would you say is the most important lesson you’ve learned so far? Be honest, open and willing to say you do not know and that you are sorry.
11.Who or what has been the biggest influence throughout your life? My physical therapy degree has brought me many things in my life. In school, I met some people who have been instrumental in my life. It has opened my eyes to a world that I never knew. I have met families and children who have taught me more about life than I could ever teach them about how to walk. It has given me the skills to be able to participate in a wonderful Free Medical Clinic. I learned a lot in school, but the best part has, by far, been what I have learned from people and experiences.
Below are my 9 (I am two short) Nominees in no particular order are-take some time to check them out!
My questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing to write about?
2. What is your typical goal for blogging-daily, weekly, monthly?
3.How do you find new blogs to read?
4. What has been your favorite book you have read in the past year?
5. How do you find time to blog?
6. What brought you to blogging?
7. DO you still blog for the reason above?
8. Have you ever received an award? or been recognized for something?
9. If yes, for what?
10. What are two things that have influenced your adult life?
11. What is your favorite day to celebrate?
I hope you enjoy your blogging journey as much as I have. I look forward to reading and writing more. Here’s to an exciting 2013!