I have sat down to begin this post many times. I am overwhelmed with thoughts and I do not know where to begin. I think I may list things and the post may be slightly fragmented.
- Homeschooling is different this year. Having co-op two days a week is a new dynamic. Sawyer and Parks attend both days. Sims pops in and out. Co-op is very different this year. We have a lot of new people. It is going very well. The other main co-ordinator for our co-op is moving-requiring me to step up ALOT. It is overwhelming. Managing is not one of my strengths. Luckily, I have an amazing village of ladies who help me.
- Sims and I are finding junior year to be tough-and he is only taking three classes right now. He did a staggered start for each of his classes. Now that he is in the midst of all three, he is finding it to be a lot of work.
- Sawyer is finding a slew of people who love art as much as she does. Her art club has grown from 2-3 people each week last year to 5-8 people each week this year.
- Parks is finally open to school-not thrilled about it, but very willing to work through it.
- We have hiked twice so far. I posted on the first hike last time. Last week, we hiked in a park outside of Hickory, NC. We found some amazing treasures there including some beautiful and large quartz builders, salamanders, and lots of neat geology.
- All extracurricular activities are in full swing-climbing competitions, sailing, parquor, band, art and hanging out.
- Our house is a hot mess. We have gotten out of the groove of doing a 15 minute clean up. I am trying to figure out the rhythm for the year since we leave two days a week by 9. (I am not going to post a picture of this. You can imagine-laundry not completed, dishes in the sink, books EVERYWHERE, puppy toys taking over the house…)