Week Two- In Progress and progressing well.
Last week, I wasn’t sure how the kids would feel about their schedule. In fact, I pretty much thought that they were all going to complain about the amount of work and say that I was expecting too much. I got a nice surprise when they all said that they liked the work plan books and that they liked the rhythm of the week (even with the extra activities).
So far our days look something like this:
- Awaken, eat breakfast, chores (dishes, feed animals), on your own
- Everyone meets at 8:30 to do a 15 minutes clean up (everyone has one room and one bathroom in the house that they are responsible for each week)
- 8:45 We all meet in the sunroom for main lessons
- After their main lessons (these have taken anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the activities), everyone works on their individual work and I go where I am needed. They enjoy having the freedom to choose what they work on during this time (in other words, they can do math, copy work, grammar, science, etc first).
- Activities begin around lunch time: Mondays-free afternoons, Tuesdays-barn at 12, Wednesdays-free afternoons (we are planning to do our hikes and field trips on these days), Thursdays-barn at 11, Fridays-classes starting at 10 for Sims and 2 for Sawyer.
- Dinner at 6ish
Let’s hope the year continues this smoothly! I hope your year is starting off well.