A Day in the Life-Friday

We made it through the week!

6:30 I woke up and walked with my friend.  While I was walking, my hubby took Sawyer to the dentist.


Sunrise on my walk

8:15 I came home and made breakfast.  When I walked in the door, Parks was on the computer watching minecraft videos.  Ugh.  This is a constant battle.  I asked him to turn off the computer and he went into complete meltdown mode.  Unfortunately, I then followed suit.  I brought everyone together in the kitchen.  We had a long chat about respecting each other’s words and working together as a team. Fun times!

9:00 Clean up time headed outside.

9:30 Logic of English- quiz of morphemes and spelling words.

10:  Sims worked on his science lab after a mini meltdown (he thought that he had finished all of his work for the week so he was pretty bummed when he found out that he still had a lab to do).  Meanwhile, Parks and Sawyer worked on math.

10:30  Sims cooked up a snack while Sawyer had a meltdown about math.  (Do you see a theme to this day?)  Parks was in his room picking up.

11:00 I headed to get a shower while Sawyer took a break from math and Sims vacuumed up the sunroom.

11:30 Sawyer and I regrouped and worked on her paragraph reviewing the book that she read this week.

12:00 We all ate lunch.  I paid bills and the kids got ready for class.

12:40  We headed to Latta Plantation for the older two kids to go to their Environthon class.  Once we got there, Parks was invited to go to a friend’s house during the class.  This gave me the opportunity to run two errands during the class!


3:00 We arrived home in time for Sims to get a snack and change before gymnastics.  After a snack, Sims and I headed to gymnastics.  While I was out, Sawyer cleaned the birdcage and Parks played.

4:30 I arrived back home.  Started fixing dinner.  Then Parks and I went to go clean his fish tank out.  Unfortunately, Bubbles passed away sometime today.  Parks was horribly upset and sad about losing Bubbles.  He received Bubbles for Christmas in 2014.  We think that some of the new decorations that Parks purchased with this Christmas money from this year may have been the reason that he died.  When we pulled out the decorations, they had a strong chemical odor to them.  We washed them prior to putting them into the tank, so I am not sure what happened.  No matter, we had a very sad Parks.  He put Bubbles into a box and buried him outside in the yard.

5ish We watched The Ellen Show in hopes to bring a smile to Parks’ face.  It was a rainy day so we just snuggled up on the couch and vegged out!  We really don’t do this often but some days, it is needed.

It is about 6:30 now.  Hopefully, we will eat some dinner and have a low key evening.  We had planned on going to see a band tonight, but I am not sure about that now.  I hope everyone has a terrific weekend, and thank you for joining us this week.





4 thoughts on “A Day in the Life-Friday

  1. I’m sorry, but this sounds like a quarrelsome (not necessarily with each other–quarrelsome in the sense that life kept trying to steal your peace one way or another!) day. Like you can’t win for tryin’! Hope Saturday dawned with smiles all around!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s