Sawyer jumps into fifth grade this year! Wow! The themes that I chose for fifth grade are self-awareness, compassion and empathy. Sawyer’s fifth grade goals include:
- Utilize effective communication to inform others of her emotions.
- Find and utilize an effective time management strategy.
- Find and utilize an effective organizational strategy for school work and room.
- Utilizing previously taught grammar skills, write a variety of papers to learn the skills of prewriting, editing, drafting and final copy.
- Increase confidence in utilizing math concepts in everyday life.
- Increase awareness of how other’s are feeling around her and other people’s plans.
Sawyer’s blocks include:
4 weeks on Ancient civilizations, 4 weeks on botany, 4 weeks on Mossflower, 4 weeks on US Geography, 4 weeks on Ancient Egypt, 4 weeks on Ancient Greece, 4 weeks on Ida and finally 4 weeks on another Botany block. She will also begin using Phonetic Zoo, Math-U-See Epsilon, and Latin Word Roots. She will also participate on an Environthon team this year!