My oldest child inquired yesterday about my blogging or rather, lack there of rather. I told him that I have hit a wall. Not just a wall with writing but the homeschooling mommy wall. We all know it, but we hate to speak of it. No one wants to write about their woes. No one wants to complain publicly. Ok, maybe not everyone feels this way but I do.
The past few months have been rough around here. We do have a pretty good schedule going, and the kids are aware of the schedule. However, I am melting under the mommy, teacher, psychologist, chauffeur, housekeeper, pet keeper…..roles that I have taken on.
- I would like my family to pickup after themselves (clothes, projects, food, books) without me nagging.
- I would like for everyone to treat each other with respect (I have given up on everyone being nice)without me intervening.
- I would like for my children to understand that they have to do school work without me nagging.
- I would like for my family to understand that I do not enjoy cooking and cleaning but that I do it anyway.
- I would like for my family to help me with the cooking and the cleaning without me nagging them.
- I would like to be able to be a mom who loves her kids without having to think about how I word everything (anxiety runs high in my crew and wording/tone can make or break a day).
- I would like to be able to go work out and take care of myself without feeling guilty for leaving them or without worrying that one of them is going to injure themselves or a sibling while I am gone (ok-I don’t feel guilty much but I definitely worry about the latter).
- I would like a meal without arguing (check out the respect one above).
- I would love a day without tripping over a dog or a cat or a bird pooping on me.
Can you tell that I am burned out? We are in need of some major family bonding or counseling or maybe I just need a spring break…alone…on an island…with sun…and beach…and fun…without kids, books, pets, cooking, cleaning or teaching. Anyone ready to join me?